The impact YOU, our customer, has had in just a month has been incredible! So let's look at the key numbers:
- 155 Trees planted.
- 1 Tonne of carbon offset.
- 4 Climate projects funded.
- £61.56 raised in aid of WWF UK.
But what do those great numbers and achievements mean? Let’s break them down further;
One tonne of carbon is the equivalent to a long-haul flight or 2,481 miles driven in a car or, even better, three metres² of sea ice saved.
Four climate projects that have been funded are helping; preventing deforestation in the Democratic Republic of Congo, wind power projects in Mexico and Honduras and in Chile using waste biomass to produce electricity and at the same time, all of these projects help boost local employment.
With over £60 raised to WWF UK, these are the types of projects it can help fund;
- £5 could pay for a first aid kit for a forest ranger
- £10 could pay for one community-based anti-poaching patrol member to spend one day in the field protecting the panda habitat.
- £10 could pay for a DNA sampling equipment kit to be used on animals such as Lions in Kenya.
- £12 could pay for 100 educational leaflets to give to local communities to help raise awareness of the plight of a local species (e.g. Amur Leopards in Russia, Jaguars in the Amazon).
- £25 could pay for one solar power torch for farmers to scare elephants / safely enable people to move at night without coming into contact with elephants in the Mara in Kenya.
To have achieved all of this in just one month is amazing! So thank you to everyone that has bought a pair of socks and helped make a positive impact against the climate crisis. It means the world to us!